Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Still a Bookworm

It's been some time, rather a very long time, that I wrote. During this time, my husband stated a start up, I became a new mother to a lovely baby girl, located to a different city, successfully came out of a post partum depression. All this while the only thing constant in my life was Books. Though other things keep me occupied, I try to keep up with my reading. Many times I could not even finish the book, but the sight of a book on my bed side table was very reassuring.

One good thing I must add that my daughter, now 2.5 yrs, has picked up the reading habit. She too is fond of books or rather s fond of my childhood book. Its one book that she wants to be read, and re-read. Her first word in English language was one from the book itself. That was a proud moment for me. She reading one of my childhood books. What more can a mother ask.

Things will change in future, I might get more busy in life, my child will take up more of my energy, but one thing I'm sure will be omnipresent in my life. Books. They were and will always be the constant in my life.

No comments: